Sunday, August 18, 2013

Look Who's Here!

I have a mountain of owls that I made for centerpieces for our adoption fundraiser in June, so I decided that one of these cute little owls would be perfect for a new baby card.  I am obviously a big fan of owls, so I have many different stamp sentiments that work very well!  


I've entered this card in Pinspired Challenge #15.  I was inspired by the mint green color in the background of the photo, as well as by the birds.  This color green isn't one that I'm immediately drawn to, but I like it along with gray and I think it is a great contrast to the bright pink owl.
  


For supplies, I used the 'Hoot N Holler' Cricut cartridge for the owl.  I used a Stampabilities stamp (Polka Dot Background) in versa mark ink over the mint green, Lawn Fawn's Chevron Background in the gray stripe at the top, and the  'Look who's here!' sentiment from Hamptson Art (Who Loves You).   


Thanks for stopping by and many blessings to our friends as they welcome their baby girl Lily to their family!

2 comments:

Jean said...

What a cute card! Great combination of colors, and it's beautifully crafted! Thanks for joining us at Pinspired Challenges!

{Chrissie} said...

Darling, darling owl!!!! I simply love all of the paper piecing you've done!

Thanks for playing along with Pinspired Challenges!

Post a Comment