Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Handbag for Grandma


While away this week at a wonderful Christian music festival, Lifest, I worked on my grandmother’s birthday present.  It was great to be able to sit in my lawn chair, listen to some great bands and crochet at the same time! (Above is my view of Chris August playing on Saturday.) This handbag was created pretty quickly…I started it on Saturday afternoon and finished it on Monday.
I chose to crochet with a bright teal cotton, as that is Grandma’s favorite color.  The inside is lined with some beautiful fabric from Hobby Lobby.  The pattern comes from futuregirl.com as does the tutorial for making a lining for a bag.  This bag is the medium size, but the pattern can be made three different sizes! I plan on hand delivering it to her when a couple of my sisters, mom and I go for a visit. 
 Here is the little flower embellishment that I added with some leftover cotton.
 Third bag I've lined...this time I decided to add a pocket inside for keys or a cell phone!
I love this fancy stitching on the edge to give it a little personality!
 
My sister Rachel, Grandma and I at the beach in June!

Happy Birthday Grandma!

0 comments:

Post a Comment