Sunday, March 14, 2010

Proud to be Irish!

Being part Irish is something that my grandfather is very proud of! Because of this, I decided to attempt to make him a St. Patty's Day card that would show him that I, too, am proud to be Irish! First, I cut a card from the Don Juan cartridge with my Cricut Expression machine. I wanted to use the sentiment, "Top O' the Mornin'" so I wanted the cover of the card to mimic a sun. The rays of the sun are paper strips and "Kiss Me, I'm Irish," is suspended in the middle of my green Irish sun. When you open the card, you see the sentiment again and a message to my grandpa! This card was made with the Paperplay Challenge in mind (seeing double), as I have two butterflies and two "Kiss Me, I'm Irish," sentiments. Hopin' my grandpa, who I call Grandbobby, sees how proud I am to be Irish too! "Top O' the Mornin'" and "Kiss Me, I'm Irish" (Studio G) Flourish Background (Hero Arts)

1 comments:

Deirdre said...

Happy St Patricks Day to you ... enjoy the day on Wednesday. Love your Card.

Thanks so much for joining us over on Paperplay this week. ♥

Post a Comment