Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Enjoy the Ride!

 This week at Cricut Cardz Challenge, the focus was on back to school using the color red, ribbon and rhinestones.  My sister is just starting her first teaching job as a music teacher, and so I decided to make her something with her name on it for her new classroom.  As a teacher myself, I am so proud of her as she begins her school year! 
I started with a plaque for her desk that has her name on it.  I just used a picture frame and cut some music notes and her name.  I chose to use this polka-dotted paper because it does include her school colors, blue and gold.  There are some rhinestones added to her name too...she loves her bling! Her name is cut using the Wild Card cartridge and the music notes are from the Gypsy Wanderings cartridge.
I had to make a card to go along with this gift, so that is where I got the 3 R's in.  Making the apple from the Doodlecharms cartridge and then covering it with Glossy Accents was so fun!  I also used a stamp from Lawn Fawn's Admit One set that says, "Enjoy the Ride." I am hoping that she really does enjoy the school year!

0 comments:

Post a Comment