Saturday, February 19, 2011

Crocheting for the Kitchen

One of the best things about being a crafty person is dreaming up things to make for others for gifts! My niece turned one this week, and for awhile, I had been thinking about what to make her for her birthday.  She has a really cool little kitchen set with pots and pans and some plastic food, so I thought I'd crochet her some more food to play with.  There are so many patterns out there for crocheted food-it's unbelievable! Below you see her collection, including a bean burger with lettuce and tomato (my sister doesn't eat red meat), a slice of watermelon, a tomato, a strawberry, two carrots, corn on the cob, a cupcake and a cookie. 
The hamburger, cookie and carrot patterns are from the book Amigurumi!: Super Happy Crochet Cute by Elisabeth A. Doherty. 
The strawberry, tomato, and corn on the cob were Lily Sugar 'n Cream patterns.

Here are some close ups!









0 comments:

Post a Comment